06 January 2012

Day Two


Karen:  Day 2:  I tried  soy milk for the first time this morning.  I braced myself for the worst and found it palatable, not really bad at all.  Victory!  The idea that cow’s milk is meant for calves and not humans makes a lot of sense to me, especially in light of all the gastric distress milk seems to cause for people. Knowing that the substitutes are reasonably good makes the transition so much easier!

 For lunch, I met my daughter Missy at Q’doba and had their Mexican Gumbo with a smattering of chicken and cheese.  When I went to pay, the girl said to charge me for the vegetarian style since there were only “like 2 or 3 pieces of chicken.”  That’s the first time anyone has used the word vegetarian in reference to food I was about to eat.  Maybe I’ll test drive one of those Priuses…

Dinner tonight was black bean burgers on pretzel rolls with oven fried potatoes and some Whole Food salads I wanted to sample.  The past 2 days have meant the ingestion of many servings of beans.  Maybe I should go easier on the beans tomorrow.  If you know what I mean.

Cost: $7.50

Oven Fries with Black Bean Burger on a Pretzel Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility is the order of the day. Discussions around diet and health are what this blog is about. We are people with feelings, just like you and if you want to contribute to a positive experience you are welcome to. This is our opinion, a journey, an experience and we are just trying to chronicle how changing our eating habits is making our lives better.